Next: Similarities with HEPDB
Up: No Title
Previous: No Title
What is FATMEN (stands for File and Tape Management: Experimental Needs)?
The FATMEN package is a distributed File and Tape management system.
Advantages of using the FATMEN system (according to manual):
- Access to data by a Unix-like name, the so-called generic-name. The FATMEN system
is responsible for matching this name against a physical dataset.
- Consistent access, regardless of host operating system, medium on which data are stored or location.
- The FATMEN package allows multiple copies of the same data to be referenced by
the same generic name. The system itself will choose the most appropriate copy,
based on a simple search order.
- Possibility of adding comments and other user information on datasets.
- No need to know underlying commands, such as STAGE, SETUP etc. with their system dependent
See http://wwwcn.cern.ch/asdoc/fatmen/FATMENMAIN.html for more info...
Tue Dec 5 11:41:58 MET 1995