Previous: Class Drivers
Up: Class Drivers
Previous Page: Class Drivers
Next Page: Examples
The communication between the program and the driver allows the driver to be called
with special messages - and no object.
The current list of obligatory messages the driver must respond to is as follows:
- Driver initialisation. If the driver is installed before DSPACK initialisation
- then another INIT call will be sent after DSPACK initialisation. The driver may
check whether DSPACK has been initialised by calling integer function
- it returns 1 if DSPACK has been initialised and 0 otherwise.
- Driver should write it's identification message on unit lun - used to
list installed drivers.
- Identification request. pnt is a pointer to a character variable and the driver
should copy it's name into that variable. This is the only mechanism available
for the system to associate the class name with class number.